The drums and separate guitar parts were done previously but the main acoustic guitar and singing were done on one track in one take. The idea was to get a basic sketch of the song on tape before going on to a full band recording.
This was the first attempt at recording demos and the vocals, because they are on the same track as the guitar, got recorded a little low. You can also hear in the vocals that I was still trying to figure out how I wanted to actually sing the song. But, all in all, a successful demo.
Now I just need to get it in gear and record the full band version. Unfortunately. I find myself having some mental blocks when it comes to actually finishing a song lately. I don't know what it is but as soon as I get close I freeze up and never get it done. But, I took a few steps tonight to try and break that bad pattern and hopefully I can get back on track soon.
Always something to do here in the studio, whether it's art, writing, or making music.
Have a great one!