Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week Seven Begins!

 I fell a bit behind my original schedule for the OilCan Drive project these last few weeks. Between burning out after working five weeks in a row and then getting some client work done last week I'm hoping I can turn the afterburners on, get some work done, and really catch up during this coming week.

The good news is that the colors for the Ryan Burke trading card (the last card in the four card OCD set) is all done and I've finished designing the fronts to all of the cards. I did a quick layout for the backs of each card but they still need some tightening up before they can be called finished.

I'm also half way done tracking the songs for the OilCan Drive EP that will also be debuting at the Denver Comic Convention. That means three songs have all the instruments tracked on them and I have three more to go. I've also started coming up with different ways to make the cover song, The Outfield's "Your Love", really unique to make it the band's own.

So, even though I feel like I've fallen behind I'm actually doing really well. With any luck, by the end of this week, I'll have four songs tracked, the trading cards finished, the t-shirt design started, and twenty pages of the story completely inked, toned, and ready for lettering.

So, yeah, I'm not doing too bad at all.

Now I just need to keep blogging and keep you all in the loop as to what's going on. I'm trying to get better at that.

Have a great day!

No comments: