Thursday, October 30, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my second time around blogging.

For a few years I was using Live Journal for my blogging needs but was put off when they started to attach advertisements onto the right side of my blog. Seeing ads for the newest herbal shampoo or a chain of hotels next to a new piece of posted art or music really depressed me and I slowly just stopped writing entirely. I felt, with more than enough choices out there for blog servers, that it was finally time for a move. And, a lot of friends and family were using Blogger so I thought I'd give it a try.

But first, for those of you who don't know me and didn't follow me over from my previous blog, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Sean Tiffany and I make my living doing art work for clients out of my home studio in Boulder, Colorado. I was raised in Maine and went to school for art in New Jersey at the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art. A few years after graduating I found myself working for Marvel Comics and teaching at the Kubert School myself. But, something didn't feel right and in 1996, I left New Jersey and headed west. I didn't really know where I was going but I really felt like I was running towards something new and exciting. After two months of traveling, staying in motels, and couch surfing, I landed in Boulder. I loved it here immediately and made it my home. I've been here now for over ten years.

After roughing it in the comic book world, continuing to do work for Marvel as well as dive into self publishing my own comics, I finally opened myself up to other clients in late 2002. Since then, I've work on everything from major advertising campaigns, world wide teaching programs, to a variety of children's books. And yes, I still find time here and there to work on my own comic book projects.

So stick around. Most of this blog will be about the fun stuff I fill my life with, whether it's new art I have on the board, new music from my home recording studio, or just the adventures I find myself in the middle of while riding my bike around Boulder in the wee hours of the night.

So, welcome. I hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments: