Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why I'm Glad I Work From Home...

...or, why I'm glad my commute is only from the bedroom to the living room.

The last three months have been almost spring-like here in Colorado. We've had beautiful weather, no snow, and I can't remember the last time I wore a heavy coat outside. Of course, it messed up my internal clock and there has been talk of a drought in the summer but what can you do?

Last night, I went on a bike ride at eleven o'clock. I wore a sweatshirt, a vest, a hat and gloves. It was little chilly but nothing awful. Even when I finally went to bed at three am there wasn't a snowflake in sight.

So, when I woke up this morning and found that someone had built a snow table and snow chairs on my deck I, once again, thanked God, Mother Nature, Buddah, Allah, Ten Roman Gladiators, and the Ghost of Steve McQueen that I work from home.

The only bad part...there are no snow days in my line of work. Ha ha.

No comments: