Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy May!

 Things have been so busy around here lately that I totally forgot the month was changing and I needed a new header for the blog. I'm glad i finally remembered even if it is a few days late.

The OilCan Drive project has been going well but there still feels like there's too much to do and too little time to do it. I got a bunch of the merchandise art done for the project done so all I'm left with now is about three and a half pages of the comic and mixing the album. I got the vocals done for the album done last weekend and now I'm trying to put all the puzzle pieces together and make some decent songs out of them. It's been a bit frustrating and, to be honest, I've thought about chucking the music side of the project altogether, but I still find myself sitting down and playing around until something almost sounds good. So, I'll keep going and see what happens.

And, since it is May 3rd the cover to the new OilCan Drive "TRACKS" story was posted today. You can go over to the OCD website and check it out HERE. The site still needs a lot of work done to it to get it back to where it was before the crash but I've put that on the back burner so I can get the rest of the work done first. It feels like just one more thing to do but I am glad I got it back to a point where I can post new pages and tell the story I want to tell.

 With all the work I still need to do chances are the blog will be quiet for just a little while longer. I'd usually draw out showing off all of this art but since I know I won't find the time in the next few weeks I thought I'd bombard you with all the merchandise art I did for the project that I'll be rolling out at The Denver Comic Convention on May 31st. Geez...only four weeks to go and still so much to do.

The pieces below are the business card, postcard, four foot by eight foot banner (yes, it's going to be HUGE), t-shirt, silk screened vinyl sticker, and trading cards.

Enjoy the artwork, enjoy the spring days of May, and I hope I'll see a few of you on the weekend of the 31st! Be good!































No comments: