Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tonya Kay's Pin-Up Pole Show

Here is a piece I worked on last month while I was stuck in the little bedroom studio while the hardwood floors were being installed. Since it has now been shown off on all sorts of social media networks I figured it was safe to show it off myself.

A friend of mine out in Los Angeles, Tonya Kay, approached me about doing some pin-up and logo work for her for a new company she was starting called "Tonya Kay's Pin-up Pole Show."

We started with the pin-up figure, based off a photo shoot she had done a few months prior. We changed the hair a bit and played around with a few different costume designs before we settled on the leopard print look with the arm stockings. I tried to push for cat ears, a la Josie and The Pussycats, but was shot down. Ah well, what can you do?

Once the figure was done we played around with the logo a bit, added Tonya's purple classic car, The Grape Space Coaster, and settled on the final design.

You can check out Tonya's website HERE and check out the Pin-Up Pole Show HERE.

It really sounds like a great experience, riding around in a classic car with beautiful burlesque dancers, dinner, drinks, and rock and roll to cap off the evening. Yeah, I may need to go visit LA one of these days!

But, for now, I am really happy with the way the art turned out. Here are a few production shots of the work in progress. Because we were messing around with costumes I made a paper-doll like pin-up that we could add different clothes to. That alone was a lot of fun and I can see at some point doing something like this with different costumes.

The question is, what costumes to draw Tonya in?

Have a great day everyone! Enjoy the art and I'll talk to you soon!



2 comments:

Jeff Lafferty said...

Neat piece Sean

Unknown said...

Saw that in an image search and my first thought was, "Tonya Kay paper doll..."