Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Character Sketches

I've been quiet on the blog the last few days because I've been messing around with the OilCan Drive music. I love doing the music but the problem with it is that it's hard to show you a picture of what I've been doing. But, rest assured, work is getting done, just not the kind I can easily photograph.

I have been working on some videos of the OilCan Drive demos I've been working on and, once I get a little further along, I'll share them. I think you'll like them. I do. And from someone who hates seeing photos of himself that must be saying something.

But, the music was put on pause today when I got a call from a new client asking me for a sample piece to see if I was the artist they were looking for. It's been so many days since I sat at the art table to draw it felt good to pencil some new stuff. I think if I stay away from drawing too long I go a little crazy and feel useless. I love doing the music but it's hard to have something to show for days and days of work other than more ideas. But, drawing is always something I can show.

So I'll spend tomorrow getting this sample piece done and then it's back to the music for a while. Or maybe something else. We'll see.

But, even if you don't hear from me for a few days know that something creative is always going on.

Have a good one!

No comments: