Thursday, June 30, 2011

Inking

I started inking the OilCan Drive sketch I penciled a few days ago this morning. It felt good, as always, to move some ink around the page but something didn't quite feel right.

I think it's because this piece has no real reason behind it other than to give me something to do. Honestly, I like it, but it feels like I am spinning my wheels while I try and figure out what to do next.

So, I stopped inking.

I think it's time to take a step back, rethink the direction I want to go in, and then go from there.

Or maybe it's just that it's been so hot this week and I work in a third floor studio with no air conditioning. That might have something to do with it.

Actually, I know the direction I want to go in. But, I need to build myself a map. And I can't build myself the map while I am pretending to do other work just to look busy.

So, I'm off to build myself a map. Wish me luck!

Have a great day.

No comments: