Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bikini Summer

Last week was absolutely nuts between juggling the plumbing work and the client work. I am still trying to finish up the client work today but, while the plumber was doing his thing and I was waiting for approval from the client on some submitted work, I had a chance to work a bit more on the Lily piece.

It's always fun to put tan lines on sexy girls but it's even funnier on Lily because it seems, as she tans, she just turns a darker shade of purplish gray. But, I still love her.

I figure it's not really summer unless I find time to do at least one sexy pin-up piece. Luckily, Lily never seems camera shy and is always up for posing.

Originally I was just going to give Lily some giant sunglasses but I really liked the idea of being able to see her eyes through the lenses. It may not be apparent at first look but I like to know they are there.

Here is a screen shot of the work in progress so you can see a bit more detail in the eyes. I've been told by a few fellow artists that I sometimes work too much and put in details that aren't needed. But, I can't help it, I like to know stuff like that is there.

I hope you enjoy the piece and have a great day. For me, it's back to work!

No comments: