Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy March!

Happy March everybody! I woke up this morning to more snow and cold and ice outside so I guess my hopes that winter was finally done with us will have to wait another few months.

I finally got the Batman and Ryan piece all painted up late last night and popped it into this month's header. I wasn't sure if I would get it done but once I sat down to work on it I found I couldn't stop until it was done.

As usual, I did a version for the blog's header as well as a stand alone illustration. I really like the way the stand alone piece came out with the sunset background and the cool border that simply can't can't contain the Batman!

I originally did this piece to see if I could bring a little more attention to the OilCan Drive project by featuring my characters along side some well loved and established characters. And I figure who is more loved than Batman? Plus he's really fun to draw and provides a nice contrast to the OilCan Drive guys. I just hope I did old Bats justice.

We'll see how this little experiment works. Keep your fingers crossed. And, if my numbers go up in the next month we can thank Batman. And maybe the art...

Have a great month and I'll see you all soon!

No comments: