Monday, April 20, 2015

To The Stars

When Tom Delonge quit/was fired from Blink 182 earlier this year his almost immediate response was to announce an album full of all the demos, odds, and ends that he had planned for the upcoming new Blink album.

He's dropped three songs since then and today the album will finally be released.

So, because I had a little free time and because I wanted to celebrate and album that I am looking forward to I came up with this piece in my style based off of one of the videos that Tom released with one of the singles.

In the video he is walking around a city's downtown area carrying a broken guitar and looking over his shoulder quite a bit. I wanted to play with those images and wondered what he might be looking back at all the time. Because the album is called "To The Stars" I came up with the idea of Tom looking back at his own shadow which is exploding into the vast sky of the universe.

It was a really fun piece to do and I'm really happy with the way it came out. And, because I always try and take photos as I work these days, here are a few shots I got of the pencils before I started pushing ink around on the piece.

I hope you like it and, if you'd like to check out the music, you can find it at http://tomdelonge.me/

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the album coming out tomorrow and hearing some demos from an artist who has been nothing but inspiring to me.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the OilCan Drive Track Two Giveaway I ran this weekend. It went over great and the books should be shipping this coming week. I'm really proud of this book and I hope everyone enjoys the print version.

Have a great Monday everyone! It's time for me to go find some music!


No comments: