Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Inked!

After a day of drumming away (I take drum lessons every other week) I found some time Tuesday night to ink the newest pin-up girl. You can click on the image to see a larger version of the inks.

I always like doing these pieces. When dealing with a nude body there aren't a lot of lines and tricks to hide behind. No clothing folds or dense shadows. Every line you put down has to be perfect because all you get is that one.

And, not only do you get the simplicity of the lines on the body but you can get a bit more detailed with the hair and the face. It's a fun exercise all around and is a nice change of pace from doing the client work, the kid's books, or the OilCan Drive project.

Next step, onto the colors.

The last pin-up girl I did I colored with a grayish purple skin. Maybe this time I'll go green...or blue...we'll see how it comes out! Stay tuned!

No comments: