Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy November

 OK, this is a day or two late but, honestly, I have a good reason.

As I said in the last few blog posts, I took a quick trip to Maine a week or so ago to see my family. Unfortunately, when I made my travel plans more than a month ago, no one told me a hurricane super storm named Sandy would be on its way up the East Coast as I was trying to get out of Maine.

I was supposed to leave Maine on Sunday and be back home for a week of work. But, when I woke up on Sunday morning I found an email saying my flights had changed. I could fly from Maine down to my connecting flight in Washington DC but, if I did, I couldn't get a flight out of DC until Wednesday. Deciding I'd rather spend some time with my parents than sitting in an airport terminal for three days I called to change my tickets.

I spent almost an hour on hold before I finally got someone on the phone. I tried to get a connecting flight from Maine to Chicago to see if I could beat the storm but, unless I was willing to pay two thousand dollars, that wasn't going to happen. So I was booked on a flight for Tuesday. Knowing that the storm was going to hit New York and New Jersey on Monday night I had doubts this would happen. But, the man all the way over in India assured me I'd be on a plane on Tuesday.

On Monday night the storm hit. While it didn't directly hit Maine in the same way it hit New York or New Jersey being on an island off the coast of Maine in the midst of the storm wasn't all sunshine and roses. The wind blew, the rain fell, the house shook, and the roof even leaked a bit. But, the power stayed on and I was with people I loved. By Tuesday morning the worst was over for us.

But, my flight had been pushed back to Thursday night.

So, my original plans to get home on Sunday turned into me getting home around 1am on Friday morning.

But, I am glad to be home, glad my family is safe, and hoping all my friends in both New York, New Jersey, and all along the East Coast are doing well.

As for the new blog header this month, here is the finished Henry doodle I did and the new header.

I hope you all are well and have a great month!

No comments: