Friday, March 8, 2013

Ryan Inked and Colored

Here is the final inked and colored version of my attempt at the Ryan Burke OilCan Drive trading card. It's not bad but it really didn't fit in with the other three cards when I lined up all four cards side by side. So, if I have the time I think I'll take another crack at this piece and see what I can come up with.

The cover song contest is going along great. I've been running it on this blog as well as on Facebook and Twitter and I've even gone so far as to just ask friends in person which song they think I should do. As things stand right now it looks like the race is between The Outfield's "Use Your Love" and Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb."

Right now the order of songs, from most votes to least votes, looks like this:

1. The Outfield - Use Your Love
2. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
3. Bruce Springsteen - Growing Up
4. Warren Zevon - Poor Poor Pitiful Me
5. Pete Townshend - Let My Love Open The Door

There is still time to vote but I'll be announcing the winner on Monday. If the song you'd like to hear OilCan Drive cover isn't at the top yet throw in your vote and let me know which one you'd prefer.

OK, back to work for me. Enjoy the weekend and I'll see you on Monday with the winning song in hand!

1 comment:

Monika CG Tiffany said...

I'd like to make a write in suggestion: Huey Lewis and The News... not for this round, but in the future. I'm curious what you would do to "punk rock" and "modernize" one of their songs... ;)