Thursday, August 22, 2013

OilCan Drive #2 Cover - Let the Color Begin!

 The black and white inks for the OilCan Drive #2 cover have been scanned into the computer and the coloring process has begun.

The first step was cleaning everything up and then cutting apart certain elements in the computer so it would make the piece easier as a whole to color. I cut Lily out of the background and gave her her own layer so I could work with her separate from the melee of figures behind her.

I then did basic cut-out flat coloring on all the characters in the background and Lily herself. Now it's a simple matter (which will take longer than I want to think) of shading everyone and going from there.

When the piece is done I have the idea of Lily being in full color while the rest of the cover will fall into a monotone sepia, helping to pop Lily out and put her front and center. You can see the basic idea I have in my head here. We'll see if it works or not when all is said and done.

But, for now, it's time to start shading and see where this piece goes.

Have a good one and, hopefully, the finished results will be up tomorrow!

No comments: