Saturday, August 17, 2013

OilCan Drive #2 Cover Pencils

Between client work and (still) trying to get the OilCan Drive Kickstarter video finished I started working on the cover for the second issue of the OilCan Drive book this past week. I kept going back and forth as to whether I should show off this piece since, by seeing it, it's jumping ahead in the story a few months.

But, then I figured if you're into OilCan Drive enough that you're checking out the blog to see some of the behind-the-scenes fun then who am I NOT to show off something like this? Besides, with comics they always solicit three months in advance and always show the cover for the newer issues. So, why should OilCan Drive be any different?

But, instead of just showing off the finished cover I thought it would be cool if, over the next few days, I showed the process behind the cover. It will all culminate in the finished image which will start the next chapter of OilCan Drive in late November.

Today, here is the pencil sketch for OilCan Drive #2 right from my art table. I hope you enjoy the idea so far.

And, if you haven't been keeping up with the OilCan Drive story you can check out the webcomic HERE.

Have a great weekend. It's been a busy month but I'm really glad to be back!

No comments: