Saturday, November 30, 2013

OilCan Drive Nicole Stand-Up Pencils and Inks

 Once again it seems the month has totally gotten away from me. But, it doesn't mean I haven't been busy. It just means that I lose track of days and forget to blog about everything I've been working on.

Between the client work, writing, drawing, and inking new OilCan Drive pages for the second book, and running and doing the upkeep on the OilCan Drive Kickstarter campaign I feel like a chicken running around with its head cut off.

But, believe me, even if you don't hear from me, it doesn't mean there isn't always something going on.

I looked at the calendar earlier this week and realized the end of the month was quickly arriving and I needed to get a new piece for the upcoming December blog header. In keeping with the previous month's ideas of doing the OilCan Drive characters as new stand-up pieces I decided to tackle Nicole Baylor, the band's drummer.

I really should have been putting up these progress shots over the last few days but with the first of the month beginning tomorrow I figured I'd gang them all up here and show off the finished piece tomorrow with the new blog header.

So here is a photo of the pencil sketch as well as a few shots of me working on the inks. I'm working on the color as we speak.

I promise to try and do better in the coming months at keeping the blog current. Once the Kickstarter campaign is over it should free up some time to do what I really love- drawing and creating and having fun with art.

And I might even give myself permission to take a nap or two. It has been a long month and I am exhausted.

But, for now, have a great one and I'll see you all tomorrow!



No comments: