Thursday, December 11, 2014

More New Art

A few more pieces of art are finally done and finished. I'll be using both of these pieces in the newest print version of OilCan Drive's second book which will be coming out soon.

The Lily piece will be used for the front page on a "this book belongs to (fill in the blank)" kind of page while Mr. Mucho will be used in the back of the book on my bio page.

Today I begin sitting down to actually write out the script for the third OilCan Drive story. I've had ideas bouncing around in my head and they have finally started to gel so I think it's time I get something on paper and see how it all works out.

I feel like December is evolving into a time of planning for me, both in getting the next OilCan Drive story written and thumbnailed as well as writing and demoing songs for the next OilCan Drive album. As much as I wish I could just dive headlong into new work I know it is probably best to have something planned out before I get too far ahead of myself.

I just need to give myself permission to sit back and dream for a bit before I begin my next round of production.

But, for someone who thrives on working as fast as he possibly can, laying back a bit and planning things out isn't always the easiest thing. But, I think I am getting there. We'll see how it goes.

Have a great one and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments: