Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Lock and Load!

While penciling the third book of OilCan Drive last week I received an email that made me drop my pencil, put the most recent page I was working on aside, and had me trying to come up with a one page story that explained to a newcomer just what the concept of OilCan Drive was all about.

This quick snapshot is only a section of the page I am now working on. I'll start inking it tomorrow and we'll see where it goes from there.

It was hard putting everything I loved about this project onto one page but I figured if I got across the science fiction and rock and roll aspects of the story than I should be good. I've always described OilCan Drive as Joss Whedon's Firefly meets Josie and the Pussycats. So, I figured, why not focus on that?

And once this opportunity pans out I'll let you know more about what is going on.

But, if it doesn't pan out, well, at least I will get a nice new page out of it!

Talk to you all soon. Be good!

No comments: