Friday, September 25, 2009

The Airborne Toxic Event

Just a quick commercial break from the "Back to the Kubert" adventures!

I saw the band "The Airborne Toxic Event" last night at the Boulder Theater and had an absolutely great time. I came across "TATE" (as they're called by the in-crowd) by hearing one of their singles on the radio. After hearing it a few times and finally figuring out who it was I bought the album to see if the rest of it was as good as the single.

And, boy, was it ever. Their debut album has been on constant rotation here at the studio for weeks. Trying to describe what there music is like is hard. After thinking about it for a bit I'd say it's a little bit of rockabilly, a touch of the Cure, and a few hints of some early 80's new wave music. But, whatever you want to label it, I call it "good" music.

The kind of music that, after the day I had yesterday, was just what I needed to put a smile back on my face. So, thank you "TATE"!

Here are a few of their acoustic performances I pulled off of YouTube. Enjoy!



No comments: