Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back to the Kubert! Part One

While I get things together and take care of some business I thought it might be a great time to roll out some pages I found under the bed while I was back in Maine. Given the length of the story I'll probably be running these right through the "From the Vault Friday" blogs. But, look at it this way...this stuff is all from the vault!

The short lived comic book story "Back To The Kubert" was done in the summer between my first and second years at the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Arts. The story featured two good friends I had made my first year, Dan O'Connor and Thom Zahler. Along with myself, the stories were about the three of us having adventures with a time and space traveling motorcycle. Dan was doing the plot and pencils, I was doing the inks, and Thom was on lettering duties.

This line-up lasted for all of one page before Dan took over everything and just started doing all the pages himself. Which was fine with me. Personally, it was much more fun reading about my adventures then actually having to work on them. And, I liked Dan's art a lot so I didn't mind at all.

The only problem with the story is that parts 2 and 3 are somehow missing. I don't know if I had them or if Dan had them. But, it looks like they have been lost somewhere in the last few years. So, even now, I have no idea what we were up to for the two missing episodes. Hopefully, after part four, you can figure out what's going on and enjoy the adventure.

So, here it is, over the next week or so, "Back to the Kubert!"

3 comments:

Josh said...

"Any Babes?"
Ha, yes. Thanks for not acknowledging that I am waiting for Oilcan. I am still waiting for the first issue.

P.S. Want to hangout on Friday perhaps?

Thom Zahler said...

Sean--

I'm getting to this late, but this is a blast from the past. I think I lettered the first couple, but Dan even took that over eventually.

Actually, I always thought it'd be cool to revisit this.

rob! said...

I vaguely remember you guys doing this.