Sunday, May 16, 2010

OilCan Drive Finished Cover

After showing off the different versions of this cover I did a few weeks ago I figured it was time to show you the finished version of the one I finally picked.

Probably to the dismay of both Rob and Manu, I didn't choose the one they picked (and for those of you who don't read the comments sections of blogs it was the second option.) It was a good design and my second choice but, when the cover was folded over, I felt I lost a bit too much of Vince's head to the back cover. It's why I came up with this, the third and final option.

So, yes, I chose the third one. I am putting both the wrap-a-round version and the front cover only version here so you can see how it will work when all is said and done.

But, I did notice one thing wrong when looking at these flattened images before posting. Henry's bass neck should be on top of and overlapping the OilCan Drive logo. Oops. Not a big deal but it means I'll have to go back into the layered Photoshop file again and fix it. Just one more thing to do.

It's no wonder that I feel some days that I'll never get this project done.

2 comments:

rob! said...

All your reasons make sense, even if they are wrong. Oh well. :)

Actually, it looks great!

Sean Tiffany said...

Well, what's one more wrong choice on this journey? ha ha

Glad you like the cover, Robbo. Thanks!