Thursday, May 26, 2011

Inking Away

I found some time today to get the inking done on the very pretty friend that I showed you the pencil sketch of last week.

Not only was it great to finally get the brush out and lay some ink all over the page but I got a chance to do some cool sponge technique on her winter hat as well.

With so much art being done digital these days it's really fun to break out the old tools I love so much and really get my hands dirty with some simple household items and a bottle of dark black ink. I think, once I lay some color on this piece, the texture in the hat will look really nice.

But, as much as I like the hat it wouldn't mean a thing without the pretty lady underneath it. I'm just glad she agreed to let me draw her and I hope this will only be the first piece in a few I do of her. We shall see.

But, for now, I'm just hoping she likes it.

Next up, painting in the color!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Settle Me Down said...

my friend you make me look better and better! Thanks so much for making me blog worthy 2x this week. You know you always are free to sketch away... Luv ya!

Sean Tiffany said...

We'll have to figure out which pose to do next. You keep sending me photos of you to draw from and I'll keep sketching away!