Wednesday, April 3, 2013

OilCan Drive Chocolate Coins

Along with all the stuff I'm personally doing to bring the OilCan Drive project to the world this summer, Monika has also been getting in on the action in her own special way.

Last week she sat down one night and started sculpting coins with Henry's, the bass playing ape's, face on them. She quickly finished the initial sculpt and then started making molds of the coins. The next thing I know we have a bunch of Henry chocolate coins painted in edible gold powder and paint that are ready to eat.

She picked up some baggies and I fashioned a quick piece of packaging out of an OilCan Drive business card. If all goes well you'll be seeing these coins, in both chocolate (gold) and vanilla (silver) flavors at this year's Denver Comic Convention. How cool is that?

Do I have the best girl in the world or what? She's super talented and wicked crafty. I would never in a million years have been able to come up with something as cool and fun as this.

As far as my side of the project goes, I keep drawing and inking away. I keep forgetting to snap photos of the work in progress but I have a few new pieces I can show off in the next few days. Nothing as cool as these coins of course but I do the best I can to keep up.

Also, for those of you who are webcomic readers a new friend of mine, Kira Woodmansee, launched her own webcomic a few months ago called "Castle WhatsItsName." It's been really fun to sit and talk with someone who is right at the start of her own web project like I am. We compare notes and trade tips and it's nice to meet a kindred spirit who is in the same boat as I. You can check out her comic  HERE.

OK, back to inking (and hopefully remembering to take some photos.) Have a great one!


No comments: