Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April!

April comes and it's time for a new blog header. I've decided to use one of the pieces I did of Ryan from OilCan Drive that I won't be using for the coming printed projects I have in store for the Denver Comic Convention. 

The convention is only two months away now and there still seems like a lot to be done.

The OilCan Drive comic book is coming along well and, right now, I'm working on page 21 of 28. The cover is penciled and just need some ink and color this week. The four trading cards are almost done and just need their backs written and designed now. The t-shirt design is almost done and needs a few more tweaks. I also designed a postcard to give out to people and I'll be putting the finishing touches on that this week as well.

As far as the music side of the OilCan Drive project goes I recorded all the tracks for the fourth song this afternoon and have two more to go before I can begin mixes.

So everything is pretty much on schedule and getting done. It still feels like I'm a bit overwhelmed and things like having to do taxes this week and dealing with the craziness of my HOA board and their new management company are making my head spin.

But, I found out tonight that my cousin's son died this weekend while skiing in Oregon. He was 23 years old, lost his way in the woods, and his body was found by a rescue group tonight. I can't even begin to explain how that feels. It definitely makes anything I'm going through very small by comparison. My heart goes out to my cousin and his family. I know his son was loved and will be missed dearly.

In the end, drawing a comic book and recording some songs about a bunch of imaginary friends in my head doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.

Have a great April and, if I am quiet, it just means I have my head down and I'm working away on some fun things to show off in two months. See you soon.

No comments: