Friday, June 14, 2013

Pin-Up Complete!

Nothing like starting out a Friday with a completed piece of art in hand.

I scanned in the inks yesterday and painted this pin-up piece last night. I tried to keep the color and textures like the original black and white illustration and continue a bit of that "messy art" into the color.

I think it worked out well and this was a really fun piece to do as a way to get back to the drawing board after completing all of the Oilcan Drive work. The question now is, what am I going to do next? There is a long list of things I'd like to get to and a little bit of client work to tackle but it feels nice to be able to explore a few different projects in between the crazy schedules I give myself.

I hope you enjoy the finished piece and have a great weekend!

No comments: