Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pin-Up Inks

 I found some time last night and started laying the ink on the newest pin-up I've been working on the last few days.

The basic line work was pretty straight forward but I really wanted to make this piece more "artsy" since I've been doing a lot of clean work these last few months.

So, when it came time to fill in the black areas and clean the piece up with some white-out I went a little crazy and started spattering white out all over both the art and my drawing table. It took a while to clean up and I still found speckles of white-out on the couch on the other side of my desk this morning. Oops. Ah well, it's all in the name of art and I think this piece was worth getting the couch and my desk a little messy.

 Now, it's time to scan the piece into the computer and lay on a little color. I don't think it will take too long but I have a few new ideas I'd like to try so I may take longer on this piece than I normally would.

It definitely feels good to do something different and artsy after spending the last few weeks dealing with printers, conventions, and rebuilding the OilCan Drive website. Nothing makes me happier than sitting at the drawing board and enjoying the simple act of creation.

I hope you enjoy the results so far. Tomorrow I should have it all finished up.

Have a good one!

No comments: