Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sports Illustrated Kids January/February and March

 It's been a busy week getting the newest illustrations done for the Sports Illustrated Kids' What's The Call article. Once OilCan Drive wound down it didn't mean any of the regular work stopped.

So, I thought it was about time I showed off a few more of the past illustrations I've done for the magazine. I always love doing these sports pieces. The action I can convey and the uniforms I get to design really feel like I'm doing my own sort of super hero comics that I always wished I could do as a kid. Plus, I get paid and they are seen by thousands of kids a month. I've had friends of mine who are Moms tell me they'll be driving along and here a yelp from the back seat, "It's Sean! It's Sean! I's Sean's art!" when they see the What's The Call article.

That a kid can see my stuff and recognize my style really warms my heart. It means I must be doing something right.

So, enjoy these illustrations from the January/February and March issues of SIK. I need to get back to work.

Have a great day!






No comments: