Thursday, November 20, 2014

Sports Illustrated Kids - November

As I sit here tonight penciling away on the newest round of Sports Illustrated Kids sketches I thought it would be a great time to show off the illustrations I did for the November issue.

November's "What's The Call" article featured stories about baseball, football, and golf. I was obviously in a purple and yellow/orange phase on the top two illustrations and I am almost disappointed that I didn't carry the color scheme over into the golf piece. I especially like the way the silhouetted group of players came out in the football piece. The purple of those players really helps to pop out the kicker and ball holder in the foreground. I might need to try out that trick more often.

This issue is out in stores now so hurry to your nearest magazine rack and pick a copy up!

Okay, I am heading back to the drawing board. Have a good one and I'll talk to you all soon!


No comments: