Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sports Illustrated Kids October

Once again I forgot to post the images I did for October's Sports Illustrated Kids "What's The Call" article. It seems like going on vacation for a few weeks in September really messed up my internal clock and it's only now that I feel like I'm getting things back on track.

But, better late than never.

I was really happy with the way both the track piece and the hockey piece came out this month. One of the things that doing these Sports Illustrated pieces has let me do is really get comfortable drawing full figures interacting with each other. Usually, in both comics and advertising storyboards, it's almost too easy to always draw people in mid-shots from the waist up where you never have to worry what's going on below the belt.

But, with Sports Illustrated it's a very rare occasion that I don't draw a full figure doing something athletic or interacting with another person. And, I can see after doing this for years and years that I am getting better at it.

So, hooray for feeling like I am getting better at this art thing. It's always a good feeling and doing art for the "What's The Call" article month in and month out has definitely made me a better artist.

And, even if they never read this, thank you to all the great people I work for up at Sports Illustrated. They're the best people and I am really privelaged to work with them every month on this wonderful project.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll talk to you soon!


No comments: