Thursday, July 29, 2010

Geocache!

One of the last kid's books I finished up this week dealt with the sport of geocaching.

Now, I've never tried this sport or even knew too much about it but I have a friend or two who has done it and really seem to enjoy it. Personally, I'm not sure what the fuss is all about. It seems like hiking but with a purpose. But, if that's what it takes to get you out walking then I am all for it. Then again, I'm a guy who takes midnight bike rides around town so who am I to talk about what's weird and what isn't?

The one problem I had with this cover is that there are NO forests here in Colorado. Well, maybe there are but none within an easy driving distance from me. I mean, we have some great landscapes here in Colorado. We have mountains, streams, valleys, meadows, you name it. But, there aren't any deep forests like you find back east. And, I guess there are no oceans here either. But, that's beside the point.

So, after driving around for half the afternoon trying to find a place to make it look like these kids were running through the woods I finally gave up, came home, and went through some old photos. Luckily I had something I could piece together to create the above image.

The kid's books are done. Just a few more client jobs to go.

No comments: