Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Whitewater Courage

I finished up the interior illustrations for the "Whitewater Courage" kid's story last night so I figured it was time to show off the cover.

The story deals with a couple of kids who visit their uncle in Australia and take a rafting trip down a surging river. Of course it becomes dangerous and in the end all three of them are fighting for their life in a very Indiana Jones type moment. It was great to draw and a lot of fun. Actually, to make the job more fun for myself I simply pictured their uncle as the Asian version of Indiana Jones. That seemed to help a lot.

I showed off a few stages of this cover previously on the blog and you can see those HERE and HERE.

I also used some of the photos I snapped when I ducked some of the police tape and made my way along the Boulder Creek Bike Path to see the surging creek a few weeks ago. I'm glad to see that my bending the law was well worth the trouble.

I think all the images and photos came together well to make a nice cover. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like once the title and credits are thrown on top of it.

2 comments:

Manu said...

"I'm glad to see that my bending the law was well worth the trouble."

You're a bad boy Sean, an artist rebel ;)

Nice pic, as usual, I hope the kids will be safe at the end of the book ^^ :)

Sean Tiffany said...

Hey, I'll break the law all in the name of art any day! ha ha

And, with an Uncle who I saw as Indiana Jones I think the kids were in safe hands all the way!