Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Tech21 Leeds Pedal

One of the thing that showed up in the mail while I was under the media blackout was the Leeds Pedal I pre-ordered from the fine folks at Tech21 a few months ago.

It felt like I had been waiting forever for this thing and I kept checking the website to see when it would be available. The problem was that every time I would check it seemed like the release date was pushed back another week!

Then...one day...out of the blue...it was here!

And it sounded just as good as I thought it would. The Leeds pedal is built to mimic the sound of the old Hiwatt amplifiers used by both Pete Townshend and John Entwistle of one of my favorite bands of all time, The Who. Not only was I plugging my guitars into this thing but it works amazing with my bass as well. Of course, because I was so busy I only got to play with it for about a half hour or so before I felt guilty and had to get back to work.

But, of course, being a Who pedal, I couldn't put it away before I grabbed my guitar, jumped up on my art table, did my best arm windmill, and crashed out a huge power chord.

It looked almost exactly like this.

So, thank you Tech21, thank you. You have just given me another tool to play with in my search for the tone and sound of OilCan Drive.

But, for now, back to work...

No comments: