Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day Off

Today I took a long overdue and well deserved day off from doing much of anything at all. I didn't do any art on the computer, didn't chain myself to the drawing board, and didn't even think about playing any kind of music at all.

Instead, I had a late lunch, went to Barnes and Noble and bought a handful of books and magazines, and then came home and took a nap. I watched the end of the movie Minority Report while I ate dinner and then sat back and read most of the night.

Now I am off for my nightly bike ride to listen to some music and figure a few things out. All in all, a very nice day off.

But, the work does continue. Here is a piece of art I did last week for band in Ireland. They are putting out their debut EP album and I've been doing some artwork for the cover. It's coming along and this piece will be the main illustration on the cover. Now I just need to get the background done, get the type and lyrics from the band, and put the whole thing together.

But, I'll get to that tomorrow. For now, it's bike riding time.

Have a great one!

3 comments:

Monika CG Tiffany said...

You do such amazing things each and every day... You deserve a day off from time to time!

Jeff Lafferty said...

Sounds like a fun day, looking forward to seeing the finished album cover.
Jeff

Sean Tiffany said...

Thank you both. It looks like the album cover will have to wait until the kid's book is done. And it's kind of at a stand still until I get the lyrics and info the band wants on the CD anyway. Always juggling, always juggling.