Thursday, April 19, 2012

Onto the Color

And the coloring on the newest OilCan Drive piece begins!

Here are a few screen shots of the work in progress. The top piece is a close up of Ryan and Nicole. On the right side you can see how many layers I've built into this piece. Are they all needed? Probably not but, after years of working for clients, I find it's best to keep your options open if you ever need to do any last minute changes. I guess some habits are hard to break.

And this second piece is how the colors look without the original black and white line work on top of it. I always love looking at the art like this and seeing how much the form comes through even without the ink lines. It means I must be doing something right with the color and shading.

OK, back to it. I want to finish this piece up before I head to bed tonight.

Have a good one!

No comments: