Friday, April 18, 2014

OilCan Drive

Well I've finally hit that point with OilCan Drive, my weekly updated web comic that I've been doing for the last few years. I've finally hit the point where I have no more buffer and was up until 3am on Thursday night getting the page that needed to be posted on Friday morning done.

I do love doing this comic and telling this story but there have been a few things going against me these past few weeks. One, a lot of client work suddenly fell into my lap and I have regularly been juggling about three jobs at once trying to get everything done and sent to everyone on time. So far I haven't missed a deadline but I can feel it starting to wear on me a bit. Second, this second issue of OilCan Drive features a lot of characters on each page. It isn't a simple "two people sit down and talk to each other for a few pages" kind of comic anymore. These last batch of pages for the comic have had a minimum of fourteen or so characters all doing something on the same page. Sean the artist feels like wringing Sean the writer's neck for putting all these people into one place at the same time. But, Sean the artist just grits his teeth and keeps penciling and inking away. It's just taking him more time to do a page than usual.

This weekend I once again find myself juggling three different client jobs and I am a bit scared that the thing that will fall by the wayside will be the week's OilCan Drive page. I have a plan to get the next page done but I do think, at some point, I am going to hit that week where I'll miss posting a page.

Now, I know the world won't end and, really, not that many people will care but it feels important to me. So, we'll see how it goes.

For now, it's back to work for me. So much to do, so little time...

No comments: