Friday, February 15, 2013

Nicole Inked!

Alright, as promised yesterday, here is the final inks on Nicole's trading card illustration.

Inking Nicole's figure was pretty straight forward but when it came to inking her drum kit I ran into a dilemma. Do I spend the extra time and try and ink all those drum and cymbal ovals perfectly on the illustration board and make the original art as perfect as possible? Or do I sketch them in and create some easily made perfect ovals in the computer?

In the end I decided to take the route that took less time and sketched the ovals on the original art and made them all pretty in the digital world.

So, above is the original piece sitting on my desk and below is the digital piece all ready for color.

OK, it's been a long day and there is only more to do tomorrow. So it's off to bed for me.

Enjoy the new art and have a great day, everyone!