Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Lily Sketch

As the end of the month nears I knew, sick or not, I needed to get a new piece of art done to put on February's blog header. Being sick, I tried to kill two birds with one stone and also produce a piece that I can use in the next OilCan Drive book.

After thinking about it between bouts of passing out on the couch I decided to do a new Lily piece that I could use both as the new header for the blog and as the back cover for the next issue of OilCan Drive.

So far I've sketched her out in blue pencil to get her basic pose and a few details figured out. In order to have her show up better in the photo I changed the image from color to gray-scale and adjusted the image a bit so it was easier to see. But, what you are seeing here is all blue pencil.

I'll work on her a bit more tonight and show you the results tomorrow.

I like this killing two birds with one stone thing. I'll have to figure out how to do this more often in the future.

But, for now, have a great one and I'll see you all soon!

No comments: