Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy February

Happy February!

I finished up the color on Lily late last night and popped her into February's blog header in order to start the month out right. It is my birthday month after all and I can't think of a better way to start the celebration than having Lily welcome me to my month.

I talked a bit before about maybe using this piece not only as the blog header this month but also as the back cover for the newest issue of OilCan Drive. I'm still trying to kick this cold and multi-purposing this piece only made sense so I could catch up a little on the work load I've given myself.

So, not only did I do the full color piece of Lily but I also did the "variant" version that I will be using on the back cover of the next OilCan Drive book.

I think they both really turned out great and I'm really enjoying doing variant versions of my art these days. It's fun to do the regular version and then play around a bit to come up with a different color pallete and give the piece a completely different feel.

I hope you enjoy the new Lily piece as much as I enjoyed working on her.

It's going to be a great month, I can feel it! Have a great one and I'll talk to you all soon!



No comments: