Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sports Illustrated Kids December

Here are a few illustrations I did for the December issue of Sports Illustrated Kids. We are definitely getting closer to being caught up to the recent issues so thanks for putting up with all the sports art these last few weeks. I hope you're enjoying seeing some of this work on the blog as much as I'm enjoying showing it off.

I think my favorite of these three pieces is the football one simply because it's a bit different from what I'm usually asked to draw. Actually, I think this may be the first piece I've ever done where the referee is the only figure in the piece. Plus it was a cool kind of downshot which I don't normally get to do so that was fun to figure out.

I've just finished up the art for the April edition of SIK so I think we'll be caught up to the publication schedule here pretty quickly.

This week I've been catching up on some more OilCan Drive stuff, simultaneously penciling three pages while starting to sketch out the next piece I'll be using for March's blog header. It's all OilCan Drive related but there may be a few special surprise guests joining the band over the next few months.

Once the sketch is done we'll have to see how it goes.

But, for now, back to work for me. Have a great one and I'll see you all soon!


No comments: