Monday, February 24, 2014

Sports Illustrated Kids January/February

And, finally, here we are, caught up to the latest issue of Sports Illustrated Kids that should still be on store shelves. SIK only publishes eleven issues a year and groups the months of January and February together into one issue. 

Usually I don't get to put too many elaborate backgrounds into these pieces because we are always focused on the action. So, it was a nice change of pace to add a rain soaked field for the soccer piece and I really got to go to town on the hockey piece, adding not only the ice surface but the boards, the glass, and a crowd as well.

I feel like the basketball piece, by default, got a bit short changed this month. But, I promise to make it up to basketball next time around.

With us all caught up on the Sports Illustrated pieces and with me not knowing exactly when the next issue hits stands I'll be posting a few more work-in-progress pieces this week. And, I have started the illustration for the next blog header. Yes, it's an OilCan Drive piece. But there is a special guest star making an appearance that should be really fun to draw.

Enjoy your day everyone. I'll see you next time!



No comments: