Thursday, May 21, 2009

Back to the Maddox


The newest Jake Maddox sports book is well underway so I thought I'd take a quick photo of my drawing table to show you all the fun that's going on.

Character sketches, a group photo sketch, a book of thumbnails, and one of the pages I've started drawing in blue blue pencil can all be seen.

I usually spend a day or two penciling out the entire book in non-repo blue pencil. Then, once I get all the layout and basic construction out of the way, I'll go back in with a regular pencil and fill in a lot of the details. So far, so good. I'm hoping to pass the half way mark with the pencils tomorrow.

Also, while I was going through the images on my camera I came across these two great photos of Monika. Here she is playing "Little Jerry", a Jerry Jones guitar that I bought when I was out in Nashville visiting a friend. I found these two pictures and thought, "how can I not share these photos of my two favorite things?"

No comments: