Wednesday, May 6, 2009

So Long Lisa CD Cover

While OilCan Drive's version of "It Ain't Me, Babe" didn't get many comments on the music boards the art I did for the cover sure did.

And yes, they were good comments.

So, being the nice guy I am, I agreed to do a few CD covers for some of the up and coming bands who liked my work.

One of these bands is called "So Long Lisa", a punk rock trio from Northern Ireland. The band's bassist, Ciaran, contacted me through one of the message boards and asked if I'd draw him and his two other band mates for an upcoming EP of music they're planning to put out. He pretty much gave me full creative control to do what I wanted.

So, I did a basic image of the three guys and adopted some of their existing ideas into the background. All in all, I think it came out well and Ciaran was very happy.

So, look for their EP, "Seven Signs You're a Superhero", due to come out sometime in the summer. For now, you can check out what the band's up to on their MySpace page: So Long Lisa.

No comments: