Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blackouts

Just when I was preparing for a nice day of inking pages I get an automated phone message from XCel Energy telling me that there will be a "scheduled" blackout today from noon until five. I know it's for the better as the technicians will be installing the new boxes for Boulder's "Smart Grid", but still...I really wanted to ink this page today.

Ah, well. I guess I'll just have to start it tonight.

Maybe I'll go down to the movie theater and see "Wolverine" or "The Soloist". I'd see "Star Trek" but since I didn't know the energy outage was scheduled for today I went and saw it yesterday. Or maybe I'll just take a drive in the mountains in my jeep.

That is, of course, depending on if I can get the automatic garage door open to get my car out.

Maybe a nap...

No comments: