Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time and Techland!

One of the client jobs I was working on last week were a few new contributor illustrations for Time Magazine's website Techland.

Since these images have already been posted on that site I figured it was safe to show them off here. And, if these happen to show up in any issues of Time magazine please let me know. I was amazed when the last few turned up there but I don't read the magazine on a regular basis so I'll need a heads up. Thanks in advance.

I still have one more of these I am working on that came in late Monday night so I'm not done yet. I did a pencil sketch of the final person last night and am now waiting to see if any changes will need to be made or if I'm good to go to a finish.

These pieces are always fun to do but a little nerve wracking. I don't know the people I am drawing and I always hope they like the way I've depicted them. So far only one of the contributors has asked for the piece I did of them not to be used. If you head over to the website and check out the contributor bios at the bottom of the page you'll see what I'm talking about. He's the one photo that looks out of place amongst all the cartoonish drawn art. Ah well, I guess you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try.

But, I hope these three people like how I've depicted them. I'm doing my best.

And, as an exclusive to this blog, you get to see Evan both in the black shirt they've used on the site and the plaid shirt I originally put him in. Who says you don't get to see good stuff when you come and read this blog?

Have a great day!

3 comments:

rob! said...

Nice portraits. Love the backgrounds, too!

Manu said...

Great work ! I hope they'll like it ! And as usual, you remain humble, which is the mark of true artists ! Have a nice week end ! :)

Sean Tiffany said...

Thanks guys! Glad you both like. I have one more of these I am doing for next week.

And, Robbo, glad you like the backgrounds. I always love the Time Out New York work you do so the backgrounds you think up are always an inspiration!

And, Manu, thanks as always for the great words!