Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy September!

Happiest of Septembers, everyone! I, for one, am looking forward to it cooling down and, once football season starts, hockey season can't be that far behind (fingers crossed that there isn't a lock-out this year!) So I'll finally be able to think clearly again!

Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of year and September and October are the best.

For this month's header I took the piece I inked earlier this week of Nicole Baylor, painted it up, and popped it into the template. I've really been trying my best this year to only use my own creations in the headers and not fall back on using art I created for clients. I think I'm doing better this year than the last few but I can't promise it will continue if things get busy. But I will promise I'll do my best.

And here is the original painted piece I did of Nicole. In the original pencil sketch there was a bit more of a background and even a drum kit behind Nicole but, knowing I was going to use this piece for the header, I cheated a bit and left out the parts I knew I wasn't going to use.

So, last month I used Ryan and this month I used Nicole. That means Henry and Vincent will be in my head soon enough wondering why they aren't getting their fair share of screen time. So, we'll see if I can placate at least one of them next month.

For now, have a great September and I'll talk you soon!

No comments: