Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Aloha!


This last week was filled with revising a few old client jobs as well as starting a new one. It's definitely been busy and, while I feel like I never get anything done, I never feel like I ever get a day off. But, I did find some time to sketch out a new penciled piece of OilCan Drive's Vincent Spicer as part of my new stand-up collection.

With any luck once he's done he'll be standing next to the last piece I did of Ryan Burke. He just needs a little ink and color and he'll be ready to go. Hopefully I can find some free time this week to get around to that.

One of the things I've also been working on while I find some free time is the first OilCan Drive Kickstarter campaign. It's been a long time in coming and a lot harder to put together than I first thought. Just getting the video written and put together was a lot of work but I didn't realize how much time it would take to simply sit down and write out the campaign and have it make sense. A lot of the work had to do with getting over the fear of putting this project out there into the  world and asking for money. My biggest fear is that I'll promote the project, launch the campaign, and be greeted by the overwhelming sounds of crickets chirping. The other fear, the one I am trying to focus on (because, hell, if you're going to worry, to might as well worry about something going incredibly right), is that the whole campaign will be so successful that I'll have to start a new career with OilCan Drive.

So, we'll see what happens and I'll let you know as things get closer to launching. It's almost there.

And, a while back I sent a box of OilCan Drive fun to my family in Hawaii. There were books, CDs, postcards, and t-shirts all stuffed into one big box. Recently I received this photo of my second cousin's husband sporting the official OilCan Drive t-shirt. He's looking good and it seemed apt to share this photo in this post along with Vince seeing as they are both military soldiers.

Thank you Vince, thank you Seth, and thank you all. Talk to you soon.

No comments: