Thursday, October 31, 2013

OilCan Drive Kickstarter Launch!

 The first ever OilCan Drive Kickstarter Campaign has officially launched!

If you've been following this blog you know I've been working towards this moment for a few years now and that day is finally here. When I first heard about Kickstarter I knew that it was just something I had to try. The problem I had was that I didn't have any projects out there to promote. So, I launched the OilCan Drive website almost two years ago and started putting up all of the old stories and comics I had created over the years.

Then I started new stories and new art. With a place to put all of the stuff in my head I just couldn't stop the new stories from coming out. I debuted all of that new work at the 2013 Denver Comic Con last June. And now, after months of planning and building, I can now bring that work to the rest of the world via Kickstarter.

I'll be honest with you, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. It just might not work. I might not get the money I need to make what I want happen. But, there is always the website and my love of the project so OilCan Drive isn't going anywhere soon. There are too many stories in my head and the band never seems to leave me alone.

Plus, as someone once said, if you're going to be scared about something that hasn't happened yet that only lives in your imagination why not be scared of something amazingly good happening? You're the master of all those thoughts in your head (hopefully) so why not imagine something really great happening?

As I go to lunch today I'll be doing my best to imagine OilCan Drive's Kickstarter Campaign exceeds all of my goals, hopes, and dreams. It will be so big that I'll need to buy a warehouse to store all of the product I'll need to fulfill orders and I'll need to hire all of my friends to work for me. It certainly beats sitting there and thinking the whole thing will go down in flames.

And, even if the campaign doesn't work out quite the way I want it to, OilCan Drive alone already exceeds all of my goals, hopes, and dreams. I love this little band in my head and I'm happy to share it with the world, even if it's just a small section of the world.

So, click on the link, check out the campaign, dig on the art, and watch the video. You don't have to give me money, you just have to go check it out to see what I'm doing.

And I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed putting it all together.

Thanks again and I'll talk to you all soon!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1571629711/oilcan-drive-volume-1-comic-book-and-music-album

No comments: