Friday, October 15, 2010

From The Vault - OilCan Drive Calendar Piece 2003

Back in 2003, when I dove back into doing freelance art full time, I thought, since I left a regular nine to five job, that I'd have tons of time for my own personal projects.

If you've read this blog with even a passing interest you know one of those personal projects has always been OilCan Drive.

One of the ideas I had in 2003, while writing out new ideas and stories for the cartoon band, was to do twelve new images and put them into a calendar. I got so far as to draw about half of the images and get two or three of them colored. And that was it. That was all I had time for before a TON of freelance projects buried me in work for the rest of the year.

So, while all that work did help me buy my first home, it didn't do much for the cartoon band I've come to love. In fact, it seems like they're always getting thrown on the back burner whenever any new paying gig comes up. But, I still keep chipping away at the idea and maybe, just maybe, I'll have something someday completed to put out there into the world.

But, for now, enjoy the February 2004 entry in what was to be a full year of OilCan Drive calendar fun.

2 comments:

Manu said...

Oil Can Drive is a too much interesting idea for not coming out the world one day.

(I'm not sure it's very english, but you surely have understood : P)

Sean Tiffany said...

Thanks Manu! I do have a new OilCan Drive project I've been slowly working on but I'm keeping it hush hush until I have more of it done.