Saturday, October 9, 2010

Girl on a Car

I met Morgan a few years ago through my friend, Adam, when I was out visiting him in Nashville. She was kind enough to pose for me and I got some really great art out of it that I am still happy to show off today.

So, when I saw this new photo of Morgan draped over her car, I knew I had to draw her again.

I messaged her, got a higher resolution photo, and we talked about her using the art as a logo for an upcoming blog about her travel adventures. So, with photo in hand, I started sketching away.

Unfortunately, a few client jobs got in the way so this piece has been on my desk, waiting to be inked, for a while. I also haven't tackled the actual car part of the art yet. I guess I'm more into cute girls than I am cars. It's just the way I'm wired.

But, it is coming along. And, with all the client work I've been doing lately that I feel iffy about showing, I thought I'd show you something no one would get bent out of shape about.

And who doesn't love seeing a cute girl draped over a car?

2 comments:

Manu said...

Both Morgan and your drawing are beautiful ! I'm eager to see the final result.... :)

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thats a nice one.
Jeff